TraceSpy is a pure .NET alternative to the very popular SysInternals DebugView tool.
Notables points of interest are:
- It's 100% .NET
- It does not need UAC to be disabled nor special rights
- It can remove empty lines (which is very handy to get rid of these pesky trace lines sent by Visual Studio 2010 for example...)
- The traced application is less blocked by this tracing tool than DebugView
- The Copy (CTRL-C) operation just copies the traced text, and not the full line (a full line copy feature is there though)
- The process name of the traced application is optionally displayed instead of the process id (if available and not dead at that time)
- The find dialog has an autocomplete feature
- Lines that contain newline characters (\r, \n) are not displayed as normal lines (DbgView does this) but as one big line
- There is a colorizer feature that allows traces colorization using regular expressions.
Things that are missing - I don't plan to add them since I never used them in DbgView in many years :-)
- Kernel capture
- Save & Log to file
- Append comment
- Remote connect